Painting a home is a stressful task and hiring the right contractor is sometimes the only solution that can allow you to get rid of that stress. With that said, you need to carefully consider several aspects in order to pick the suitable contractor for painting job.
Ask from the people around you
References from relatives and acquaintances can help you in finding the best contractor for home’s painting. The relatives and friends will help you by suggesting hiring the contractors they had good experience with.
Invite proposals from at least three contractors
Getting estimates from more than two contractors will help you to have a basic idea about the pricing. Normally all contractors in an area will charge you the fee within a fixed range. Upon finding the substantial difference in price, you can ask about the quality of paint, and also whether there are corners they intend to leave unpainted.
Analyze further by interviewing contractors
You can seek answers of a number of questions from contractors. Some of these questions could be:
- How much are you experienced in the business?
- Do have the working license?
- Do you have insurance? (This question is for you to know whether the contractor or workers have injury insurances)
- Do you have any affiliation with painting associations in the area?
- Do you handle your projects by yourself or subcontract them further?
- Do you provide work guarantees on paper?
- Tell us about the products you use in painting jobs.
Provide ample description about the project
You can tell your painting requirements while walking the contractors through every corner of home’s interior and exterior. The benefit of this detailed walk through is that you will able to ask specific questions about certain areas. Particularly, you can ask price-specific questions while pointing at every corner of your home. Moreover, you can also ask and tell about the paint colors in this step.
Be attentive to how the contractors behave
You can make some thoughtful and accurate guesses about contractors’ professionalism based on their attitude and behavior. Try finding answers of some basic questions by observation:
- Does the contractor deal in professional way?
- Does the contractor stick to asking business related questions mostly?
- How much does the contractor seem to be busy? (Good contractors are usually busy)
- Does the contractor respond to your calls on well-timed basis?
Reference check is important to determine the quality
Contacting past customers of a contractor for references can help you to make the final decision. For the practical demonstration of contractor’s work, you can visit the past clients.
Before awarding the contract, review it
After the contract has been settled, ask for its written form to have a review. Reviewing the contract will help you further in getting clarifications of even the smallest aspects of painting jobs.
With these steps completed, you will surely be able to hand the painting contract over to the most suitable contractor. If you are looking for painting contractors in Nashville TN, McIntyre Construction could be a great choice as they are experienced in all phases of home remodeling, with a speciality on residential painting in Nashville and Middle Tennessee.